What To Do With Motorcycle Helmet When Parked? 2 Solutions With Pros and Cons
Riding a motorcycle for daily commuting or a long trip is an excellent experience with lots of enjoyment and fun. Even working as a bike rider and carrying passengers is a good profession to earn your livelihood. It also helps you reach your destination quickly, saves valuable time, and keeps you free from traffic.
But, the only problem you will face is when you have to leave your bike when parking or have no passengers. That time a question will arise in your mind; what to do with motorcycle helmet when parked or how to carry a passenger helmet?
Don’t worry, mate, there are two most common and probable answers to your question. Either you can carry your helmet with you, or you can keep it on your bike by locking or unlocking it.
Our words will discuss these two points of what to do with helmet when parked. Keep reading our article to know these two options.
What To do With a Motorcycle Helmet When Parked?
Depending on the situation, you can carry or leave the helmet when parking your motorcycle. Let’s explore the situations.
Carrying Your Bike Helmet
Consider these three things to carry your protection gear.
1. Peace of Mind and Personal Preference
If your helmet is expensive, you have to carry it with you. It assures your mental satisfaction that your helmet is safe and there is no chance to steal.
2. Unsecured Parking Zone
Wherever you go, it is not obvious that everywhere you get a secured parking zone to park your bike. If that is the situation, if you don’t find any secure parking area, it is a wise decision to take the helmet with you.
3. Leaving Your Motorcycle for a Longer Time
Sometimes it happens that you need to park the motorcycle for an extended period. So your helmet remains unprotected when you keep it on your bike. This time you should take your helmet with you.
What To Do With Motorcycle Gear When Parked and You are Carrying it With You?
There are multiple ways to maintain your helmet while carrying. For example
If you go to a restaurant to eat lunch or dinner, you can keep it next to your chair. Even if the table is bigger and has room to keep the helmet, you can place it on the table. But, here you should keep it away from food and drinks. Another thing is you can also ask help from the restaurant helping desk to look at your helmet until you get back to the counter after eating.
At Shopping Mall
Suppose you like to go to the shopping mall with your bike and carry your helmet with you in the shopping mall. You can transfer your helmet into a shopping bag. If you buy snacks or small pieces of dry groceries items, you can easily keep them inside the helmet. By doing this, you can carry your helmet as well as your groceries.
Use Helmet Carrying Bag
You will find available different types and stylish helmet-carrying backpacks in the bike gear showroom or online. If you take a helmet carrying bag with you on your ride when you have to park the bike, you can place the helmet in it and carry the bag with you. Not only that, you can also put your other bike safety gear in the bag.
- Ensure your helmet’s safety and security.
- Assure mental peace and satisfaction.
- Nobody can steal or snatch the helmet from your hands.
- No mental pressure by thinking is the helmet safe or not.
- You feel hand fatigue if the helmet is heavy and bulk in size.
- Your hand will be occupied so that you can’t carry other things.
- If you have a forgetful habit, then there is a chance to lose your helmet because of keeping it anywhere and come back without taking it.
Should You Leave your Helmet on Your Motorcycle?
By considering some variables, you can leave the helmet on your motorcycle. These variables are
Lock Your Helmet
When parking your bike for a while, you can use the D ring to lock the helmet with your bike. But, if your headgear doesn’t have a D ring, don’t worry. Here you can use different shapes and styles of gun lock. This is the most convenient and secure option to leave your helmet on your bike.
Leave the Helmet Unlocked
You don’t always have to lock the helmet when parking your bike. If you leave the bike for only 5-10 minutes and can keep your eyes on your bike, then you don’t have to lock the helmet when keeping it on your bike. In this case, you can keep your helmet on the seat, hanging the chin straps with the handlebar or mirror without locking.
- Your hands will be free to do anything.
- You don’t have to face any awkward situation because of carrying a helmet.
- You won’t lose your helmet anywhere because of a forgetful mind.
- It is always insecure to leave the helmet on the bike.
- The thief can steal your helmet by cutting the straps or d rings using a metal wire cutter.
- If you keep the helmet on the seat, there is a high chance of getting damaged by flipping the helmet on the ground because of heavy wind flow.
- If you keep the helmet on the mirror over time, the helmet’s inner pads will damage.
- If you keep it hanging with the handlebar upside down, the bucks can enter into the helmet and crawl you when you wear it. Even if heavy rain comes, your helmet turns into a bucket to hold water.
Where is the Best Place to Put Your Helmet When not in Use?
It’s a difficult question to give you a one-word answer. If you leave the bike for a few moments, keeping it on the motorcycle at the right place is the best practice. But, if your bike parking time will be longer, then carrying it with you is the best option.
You can follow any of these solutions to your question: What do you do with your motorcycle helmet when you park? Whatever option suits you that will be the right option to keep your helmet.