You must work to earn your livelihood. But when you work in a construction site, coal mine, or any hazardous environment, you must wear personal safety equipment (PPE) to save your life.
The hard hat is one of the most effective head and brain safety tools. It can save you from falling debris and objects to avoid unexpected brain injury and trauma.
You must wear the most comfortable and fitting hat to concentrate on your work. So the workers like you who have small heads feel the necessity of a small head hard hat.
Here, we share the 4 best hard hats for small heads review to help you find your suitable one. You can check MSA 475407 Skullgard Hard Hat as it has 83% positive feedback from users.
Best Hard Hats For Small Heads Review of 2022
1. MSA Skullgard Full-Brim Hard Hat – Best For Overall
Our first choice is the MSA Skullgard Full-Brim Hard Hat for its versatile use and reasonable price. You can wear this small hard hat in construction or welding sites, steel mills, rubber manufacturing companies, steam tunnels, and oil/gas/petrochemical refineries. That means one hard hat can meet all your professional purposes.
As your head is small in size, so all the hats are not suitable for your head. However, by considering your needs, the company brings multiple sizes of hats to choose one based on your small or big head size.
Now, let’s talk about its durability, quality, and productivity. It is a type 1 hard hat constructed from Phenolic Resin that can load radiant heat up to 350f. temperature. As a result, you feel cool and comfortable when working under the scorching sun in the summer. It can absorb at least 2,200 volts, and the 4 point suspension system is great for protecting you from falling debris.
- Met all safety standards and received SEI certificate
- Used high-quality phenolic shell to make it durable and sturdy
- The Fas-Trac III suspension functionality is top-end to improve ratchet
- The 3 levels of adjustable nape strap offer full customized fittings
- 4 point suspension system
- The quality, fittings, and finish all are perfect
- Lightweight and very comfortable in the summer
- The effective and proactive suspension system
- No cracks and run no resin
- Affordable price compared to the quality
- Sometimes the color of the hat may be uneven
- If it wets in the rain for a longer time, the edges may begin to swell
2. Lift Safety HDF DAX Hard Hat – Best For Lightweight
Are you a tall, large man with a small head? Or do you have to work in an extremely windy environment? Then Lift Safety HDF DAX Hard Hat will be the right choice for you.
This hard hat shell is built with fiber-reinforced resin. So that it can protect your head from any high impact. There are innovative Clarino synthetic leather dome pads inside the hat to ensure your superior comfort. The suspension system of the hat has 6 points so that you can adjust its fittings how you want.
No matter if you have to wear hand gloves at your professional site. You can easily wear and remove it with its oversized ratcheting fitment dial.
Most people complain about excessive sweat build-up when wearing the hard hat. On a positive note, you will get enough air inside the hat that prevents sweat generation. The microfiber liner absorbs the generated sweat so that you feel cool, calm, and dry all the time, even on hot summer days.
- The reinforced resin shell is highly effective for impact protection
- The synthetic leather dome has EVA foam to absorb additional shock
- The microfiber liner wicks moisture to reduce sweat generation
- The suspension system has 6 points for perfect and comfortable fittings
- Heavy-duty construction and durable
- The brow pad is very soft and comfortable
- Extremely lightweight design that easy to wear
- It fittings low, and you don’t look like a bobblehead
- The heavy wind can’t blow off it
- No ventilation holes on the top
- It pulls some of your hair when you first wear
3. MSA V-Gard Cap Style Safety Hard Hat – Best For Budget
The MSA is a brand that has been producing hard hats and other safety equipment since 1914. Before designing a product, it considers the customer’s needs and requirements. The MSA V-gard is a type 1 hard hat, and it has sold more than 100 million in the past 100 years.
One of the most common reasons for its popularity is its superior quality and budget-friendly price. It is made with multi-density Polyethylene that prevents sun UV rays. So it can absorb approximately 350°f temperature heat while working on fire service and electric sites.
It comes with a 4 points Fas-Trac III suspension system so that you can easily secure the hat with the head. You can customize the hat’s fitting because of the 3 points of the nape strap.
The ratchet also helps to maintain adequate airflow into the hat. So you don’t feel high heat or suffocate. Overall it is very well built by keeping in mind safety as the top priority.
- Meet all safety requirements by ANSI/ISEA
- Polyethylene shell makes it durable and lightweight
- Comes in different slots to use with multiple MSA accessories
- Crown straps are self-adjustable
- It comes in a lot of sizes and colors
- Excellent quality with good construction
- Perfect fittings, functionality, and durability
- The ratchet system is fast and easy to adjust
- Lightweight, comfortable, and superior protective
- Affordable price
- The delivery system should be faster
- Comes in one color (white)
4. Amston Safety Hard Hat – Best For Low Profile
Our last pick is a low-profile hard hat from the Amston brand. It designed this hard hat in cap style to protect your forehead from harmful sun rays that burn your skin. This hard hat is also specially designed for those whose head’s circumference is from 21.25″ to 26″ or 54-66cm.
It is a type 1 and class C head protection hard hat that met ANSI Z89.1-2014 standards to ensure your safety under all threatened environments. The multi-density polyethylene shell is highly durable and protective to work as a shield against high impact. Moreover, the 6 point suspensions offer you exact fittings.
The hat has an accessories slot to wear earmuffs, eyewear, dust mask, and other PPE. Three removable, washable, and dryable belts are attached underside the brim for your comfortable fittings.
There are multiple vents on the top of the hat to pass maximum airflow and reduce overheating. You can even wear it in the rainy season because its lipped edges keep water out. So if you are a warehouse laborer, welder, plumber, mechanic, carpenter, or construction worker, it will be your right choice.
- Meets (ANSI) American national standard institute 189.1 2014 safety requirements
- Designed to ensure safety and comfort
- 3 clothes heads straps are extremely comfortable
- The sweatbands are removable and washable
- Top ventilation vents increase air circulation and reduce heat.
- High craftsmanship and ventilation system
- The hard hat is great looking and stylish
- The adjustment mechanism is super easy to deal
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Incredibly well fittings
- The chinstrap is made of poor material
- Packaging should be better
How To Choose Hard Hats For Small Heads (Buying Guide)
Hard hats are very important safety equipment that draws a differential line between life and death. So you have to be very careful while choosing one for yourself. Just hold our hand and know every single feature that you should consider.
Know your working environment
First, you should have a clear idea about your working environment(working hour, time, situation, etc.) Because depending on that, you can determine how strong and protective your hard hat should be. You will find different categories of hard hats to meet your different purposes.
Know types of hard hat
Two types of hard hats are available in the market based on their work and performance.
type 1 hard hats are designed to protect your head if anything falls over your head from the top. And it doesn’t give you any sidewise protection.
On the other hand, type 2 hard hats are more protective than type 1. It will keep you safe from top to the side.
So if you need safety both top and sidewise, you should go with type 2 hard hats. Otherwise, you can pick type 1 hard hats.
Know class of hard hat
The hard hat safety standards authority divides the hats into three classes. Such as
E means electricity, and it saves you against electricity. If you wear a class E hard hat, you can work safely under 20,000V+ without the risk of getting an electrical shock.
G means general, and you can pick this class of hard hats to use for general purposes. It can protect you up to 2000v of electricity.
C means conductive, and it can not absorb electricity. That’s why it is not recommended to wear to work at an electrical workstation. It just keeps you safe only from falling debris.
High-quality material and design
Since you wear a hard hat to save your head and brain, there is no chance to pick a hat built with low-quality materials. Because wearing such a hat is the same as a bare head. Mostly the hard hats are constructed with Polyethylene or microfiber as the outer shell and synthetic leather for the inner liner.
The hard hats are designed around brim and cap style. You can choose any one of the designs that you prefer to wear.
Hard Hat Suspension
Without a suspension system, the hard hats are totally useless. It helps to wear the hat with perfect fittings. You will get 4 types of the suspension mechanism. Such as
- Automatic knobs or ratchet suspension
- Touch suspension
- Pin-lock suspension
- Swing-ratchet suspension.
And the suspension system also varies depending on the 4, 6, and 8 points. The number of points refers to the force spreading ability to reduce the risk of injury for any falling objects.
Know the Color Code of hard hat
There is a color code for hard hats to define which hat is for which purpose. For example
- White hats for Site managers
- Green hats for Inspectors
- Yellow hats for Common workers
- Blue hats for Electricians
- Grey hats for Visitors
- Brown hats for workers who deal with high temperatures
Now you know the detailed information about the 4 best hard hats for small heads available in the market. Before firing the trigger to purchase a hard hat, know your needs and then check all the facilities that you get from the hat.
We suggest you pick the Lift Safety HDF DAX Hard Hat as your lightest weight hard hat. You can also choose the MSA V-Gard Hard Hat if you don’t like to invest a lot of money to buy a hard hat.