Is your head Jambo size? Or are you making sweat to pick the perfect fittings large hard hat? No fear, friends. We can understand your pain. That’s why after in-depth research, we make a list of the 5 best hard hats for big heads because we prioritize your safety and comfort at work sites.
A hard hat is a modern icon and safety equipment to protect you from severe to fatal head and brain injuries. But, wearing an unfit and uncomfortable hat is disturbing and irritating. It wants to come out when you lean down your head to pick anything from the floor.
Here, we also disclose some crucial features of hard hats that you must keep in mind while placing your order. If you want a quick suggestion from us, we will recommend the Pyramex Ridgeline hard hat because of its quality, fittings, comfort, and protection.
Best Hard Hats For Big Heads Review
So without any more words, let’s dig down to the main discussion.
1. Pyramex Ridgeline Full Brim Hard Hat – Best For Budget
The Pyramex Ridgeline Full Brim Hard Hat is Amazon’s no 1 best-selling safety equipment with 82% positive feedback. This oversized hard hat is made from ABS composite shell and soft pads. So that it is strongest from the outside and softest from the inside. That’s why you feel protected and comfortable when you wear it.
Not only that, the ABS shell makes it 10% more lightweight than any other hard hat. You can wear it for a prolonged time without any challenges or headaches. However, it is a type 1 hat that can efficiently protect any hard impact that falls on top. And it is defined as a class E, C, and G hard hat, you can choose it to operate electricity.
The 4 point ratchet suspension functionality provides customized fittings. So that you can easily adjust the hat with your head according to your head size and shape. There is also a washable and replaceable headband for sweat absorption. That means the sweat will not fall down your forehead.
- Met ANSI Z89.1-2014 safety standards
- Used high quality 0.07″ To 0.16″ thick ABS shell
- 4 point suspension system for a snug fit
- The sweatband is replaceable and washable
- The brow pad is very soft and changeable
- High-quality construction and long life span
- Utmost fittings and comfortable
- Offer full coverage with a low brim
- Lightweight and designed for male and female
- Excellent packaging and pocket-friendly price
- No exact description to assemble the ratchet
- It gets easily scratches
2. Evolution Deluxe Full Brim Hard Hat – Best For Lightweight
Our next best hard hat for large heads is the Evolution Deluxe full brim hat. It is constructed with a high-density polyethylene shell and a most suitable design. You can wear it on sunny days because its full brim saves you from sun rays. It is also tested by dermatologists and they declared that it is PH neutral.
On the flip side, the rainwater will leakage into the hat so you can avoid catching cold while working in the rain. That means it is the right choice for all weather conditions. It is very lightweight and flexible. It fits snugly head size from 6⅝ to 8 or 20⅞ ” to 25″.
The 6 point suspension system is easy to adjust and secure your head. Even it has the PU coating to absorb maximum sweat to offer your sweat-free head.
The Evolution Deluxe hard hat categories in type 1 hat, that is suitable to protect you against falling objects and debris. You can wear this C class hat when working at any coal mine, construction site, steel mill, or welding site.
- Met ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2009 safety standards to ensure utmost safety
- Used high-density polyethylene material
- The suspension system has 6 points
- The ratchet is wheel adjustable
- The polyester textile straps absorb sweat
- Versatile use and durable
- Lightweight design and highly protective
- Simple to assemble and wear
- Fast fittings and comfortable
- Comes in 12 different colors
- The sweatband is not easily replaceable
- The forehead padding is thin
3. Lift Safety DAX Fifty 50 Full Brim Hard Hat – Best For Quality
If you are working in a dangerous and hot industry, you must need an effective hard hat to protect you from heat. In this case, the Lift Safety DAX Fifty 50 is the best jumbo hard hat for big heads. It is tested by radiant heat authority, and it permits you to wear this hat safely under 350°F. Or 177°C. temperature.
It is made with a reinforced resin shell that is covered by carbon fiber. The shell is very durable and aggressive to protect from strong impacts and blows. The Lift used EVA foam inside the hat to make it soft and comfortable. Moreover, the shell is super lightweight, and the inner pads absorb shock.
The full brim and the combination of black and white ensure its excellent design that offers your big noggin’s full coverage. You can easily wear and fit the hat with gloves because of its 6 point suspension and the oversized ratchet fitment dial.
On top-notch, the hat comes with a full assembly so that you don’t need to attach any extra bands with it when wearing. The hat is easily washable and dryable. To keep the hat clean, germ, and odor-free, you can wash it with soapy water and any old toothbrush.
- Radiant heat tested and electricity protector
- The outside is constructed from carbon fiber reinforced resin
- Insert’s EVA foam is extremely soft and absorb shock
- The dome is made with comfortable, and innovative synthetic leather
- Full brim design offers maximum head coverage
- Strongly built with sturdy materials
- Exclusive design, protective, and comfortable
- Lightweight and easy to wear for a longer period
- Fantastic customer service and support
- Worth your every buck of your investment
- Not suitable to wear with sunglasses
- The company should be careful when packaging
4. Lift Safety DAX Hard Hat – Best For Unique Design
Don’t you like to wear a full brim hard hat and look for a unique design? We will introduce the cap style Lift Safety DAX Hard Hat as your big head safety helmet. It is designed to keep you protected in DIY projects, home improvement, and construction sites.
Its fiber-reinforced resin hard hat ensures maximum protection, high quality, long lasting life span. You feel secure and comfortable because of the innovative Clarino synthetic leather dome.
The suspension system of this hat has 6 points and a fitment dial with a big-sized ratchet. Both of them help you to wear the hat easily, even when wearing gloves. It is a type 1 hat, so it can save your life if anything falls on your head from above. The hat’s C and G class mean it is worthy of wearing for conducive and general use.
It doesn’t protect against electric shock, so it is wise to avoid wearing this hard hat when working in an electrical workstation. Lastly, we can say it can be a nice gift for your beloved one to save his life and you will not regret this shopping.
- Met ANSI Z89. 1-2014 safety requirements for
- Defined as type 1 and G and C class hard hat
- The ratcheting fitment dial is oversized and easy adjustable
- The triple reinforced crown is protective against hard blows
- The inner liner microfiber foams reduce sweat generation
- Right fittings and cover your full head
- The harness is super comfortable
- Lightweight that helps to elevate your previous head and neck pain
- Extraordinary cap style design is stylish
- It sits lower, and you don’t look awkward with the hat
- Poor ventilation system
- No slot for other safety attachments
5. Acerpal Full Brim Hard Hat – Best For Electric workstation
The Acerpal Full Brim Hard Hat is one of the best hard hats for big hair designed for both men and women. It met the OSHA and ANSI/ISEA requirements to provide a quality and strong hard hat to your door because Acerpal took your safety seriously and didn’t compromise its hard hat quality.
The ABS material makes it stronger but lightweight. When you wear it as a conductor, electrician, or construction worker to your working site, you feel safe. It is manufactured to cover your small and large head (6.5-8), so you can enjoy full coverage with snug fittings and comfort. Even the lighter weight will not be a cause of your neck pain or fatigue.
The padded harness that covers the 4 points adjustable suspension and provides you complete comfort. It represents E, C, and G class hard hats to operate up to 20000 volts of electricity without any risk of safety. It is type 1 hard hat that can protect the top of your head.
- Meets ISEA Z89. 1-2014 safety requirements
- The manufacturing date is sealed to inform you of its productive life span
- It has attached with flexible pivot for your comfort
- There are also optional chin straps for proper fittings
- The low-temperature level is 22°f, and the high-temperature level is 140°f.
- Easy to wear and remove
- Excellent design, perfect fittings, and comfortable
- Lightweight, adjustable and durable
- 90 days limited guarantee
- Multiple sizes and color variation
- We found no cons
A Complete Buying Guide To Choose The Best Hard Hat For Big Heads
Wearing a hard hat to your job site is a must to ensure your safety. So you have to give maximum attention when you make a deal with it. To win the purchasing game, you should know the essential features of a hard hat to identify which is the best and which is not. We disclose all possible features that you have to consider when buying your hard hat.
Meeting all the required safety standards
ANSI is a USA authority that has some safety standards for making hard hats. The companies that maintain all those standards received certification from ANSI. So when choosing the hard hat, you have to check whether the hat meets the safety requirements or not. If the hat meets, you can rely on the hat and give your head safety responsibility.
Not only that, if any government authority visits your job site, you will not face any hassle because of wearing any unauthorized hard hat.
You should check by which shell the hard hat is made. Mainly ABS composite shell or polyethylene shell, or reinforced resin shell is used to make the hat. So the hat will be strong, lightweight, and long-lasting. While a hard hat is made with anyone of those shells that can protect you from all kinds of accidental risk.
Know hard hat’s type
The ANSI authority divides the hats into two types. Such as
It is the hat that can protect you from falling objects on your head top. It can also work against impacts and blows. This type of hat is good for construction sites, where any flying thing can hit your top head anytime. In the USA, you will find this type of hard hat very popular.
This hat will be able to save you from around the head (top, front, back, sides). It can aggressively reduce the force of impact to keep you protected. The ANSI suggests you wear it on the sites where you frequently move the equipment and objects. Moreover, this hat is also sided puncture-resistant, so it will not damage quickly. Type 2 hard hats are mostly used in Europe.
Know hard hat’s class
Now let’s talk about the class verification of the hard hat. According to electricity absorption, the hard hats are three classes.
Class E (Electrical)
It is the most accurate hard hat for electrical engineers. Because they always have to operate high voltage electricity. This hat can save you when dealing with a maximum of 20,000 volts.
Class G (General)
This hat is designed for general use. It can consume 2200 volts, and you can wear it for home improvement DIY projects.
Class C (Conductive)
It cannot absorb electricity. This hat is good for any simple job, where you should not operate with electricity.
Proper fitting is another considerable feature. If you wear the hat and it dangles when you move, that will be a reason for the mishap. So as your head is large, you should pick a hat that can fully cover your head without any problem.
If you have to wear a hard hat for more than 10-12 hours per day, you must choose a lightweight hat. As the hat will be lighter, only some ounces, you can comfortably wear it to your job area for long hours without facing any neck muscle pain.
Predict, you wear a hard hat and feel itching, making sweat, and feel bulky. How disgusting the scenery will be!
To avoid all those issues, you should pick a comfortable hat. Here, you can consider the ratchet fitment dial, suspension functionality, number of suspension points, inner paddings, etc. to determine how comfortable the hat is.
Now, you have all the ideas about the hard hat types, class, and any other features. So before finalizing your hat, properly calculate which hard hat can provide your utmost safety because life safety is not a thing that you can take lightly.
We have arrived at the finishing point of our discussion about the best hard hats for big heads. Life safety is the first, middle, and last word. So there is no way to ignore it.
You can pick Evolution Deluxe Full Brim Hard Hat for your lightweight choice. Acerpal Full Brim Hard Hat will be a great option if you work at any electrical workstation.
Choose your hard hat wisely, and replace it every five years from its construction date though it will not damage. Because after serving you five years, it loses its protection capacity. If it is damaged before five years, never delay changing it.